/> Raising Angels: Kitchen Lessons

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Kitchen Lessons

Max was spinning around in the kitchen this morning when he told me, "Mama, when I do this I fall down."

"Well, why do you do that?"

"Because I like to spin!"

In that little moment, in the midst of the business that is command central in my house, I was once again reminded of a life lesson by one of the little ones in my care.

There are so many things that, as an adult, I chicken out of because I fear rejection, pain, hard work, inconvenience, you name it. However, when I buck up and try the "impossible", I almost always surprise myself at how much fun I have (remember that first run?).

It's true what they say. It's better to have love and lost than to never have loved at all.

So this morning, I spun with Max and we thoroughly enjoyed that moment, even after we fell down. In fact, it was so much fun, we got up and did it again. Who knows? Maybe if we do it enough times, we won't fall down.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather Raven said...

You might get sick, though. I know I would. :-)

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home