/> Raising Angels: The Painting on the Wall

Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Painting on the Wall

I'm a visual learner. I retain best, learn best by seeing. That also means that in order to plan something, I need to see it. You get the picture (hee, hee)?

So in order to move forward in my life, I often paint this picture of what it should look like. My whole life I've been creating this painting. And let me tell you, I've been working hard on it. When you work on something for a long time, sometimes you don't see it for what it is so much as you feel like you've been working on it so long it must be good. It has to be right.

Recently, I have begun to see that the picture I've been painting might not be as beautiful as I imagined. It seems as if God has taken me by the shoulders, pulled me back and turned me around.

It's kind of a shock. He spun me so fast it's taking me awhile to get my bearings and stop my head from spinning. I have a feeling though that once my vision clears, I might just see a picture that is more beautiful than I am capable of painting myself.

The only thing is this - I have to keep from turning back around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home