/> Raising Angels: August Has Been Busy

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August Has Been Busy

Between Nelson and I there are 5 birthdays and 2 anniversaries in our families in the month of August (not to mention my brother's birthday is Sept.1). They are, of course, all wonderful occasions. But when it's all said and done, the August accounts look very much like the December ones if you know what I mean.
We are blessed to have parents who, were married in the same month and the same year and also enjoy each other's company. This year, we decided to give them a gift together. We served them a fancy dinner at our house and hired a violinist to provide some live background music. It was really fun to be able to serve them for once.


The food was pretty fantastic too.

We also celebrated my mom's birthday at a local bakery owned by some dear friends. And let me tell you, I've had Cuban sandwiches in Miami that didn't touch the deliciousness of the one I ate at Lily's Bakery. YUM!

We finished off the week by celebrating my baby girl's 10th birthday. How did this happen? I have to say that watching her all summer has prepared me slightly for this momentous jump into the double digits. She has grown several inches over the year and her legs seem to get longer by the day.

Mackenzie, your spirit is so sweet. I love the little lady you are becoming. You are my right hand and I don't know what I'd do without you. I just love being around you. It's been a wonderful first decade. I can't see what the next one holds!

Part of Mackenzie's 10 year celebration was a pedicure which I got to join her for. As you can see, even though the temperatures are still soaring here, my toes...they are ready for the fall!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have thoroughly enjoyed the month of August, but the creme de la creme was the divine Anniversary Dinner. I just cannot tell you (and everyone else) what a truly wonderful gift that was. Thank you again. We love you all. Damma & Papa

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home