/> Raising Angels: Colossians 3:23

Monday, September 13, 2010

Colossians 3:23

I know I've talked a lot about the benefits of scripture memorization but it never ceases to amaze me. For as much time and effort...and often groans it takes, it has always proven to be worth its weight in gold.

Now that Dawson has joined the ranks, it's actually going a little better because let me tell you, this kid is a whiz...and big brother and sister are not to be outdone by a Kindergartener. Totally working to my advantage this year.

Just so you're clear on how amazing this little activity is, I want to share a scene from my bathroom last week. Dawson came in to brush his teeth and hair before the second day of school. As he was doing this I was reviewing his weekly verse with him. He already had it down and he was so very proud.

He walked out to gather his lunch and backpack with a little skip in his step, all while chanting, "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord not for men. Colossians 3:23"

Seriously, how great is that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home