/> Raising Angels: The Highlight Reel

Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Highlight Reel

Man time flies when you don't have enough of it. I've had a big post brewing since Sunday but have not found the time or energy to get pen to paper (so to speak). Instead, I will give you a few highlights (Yes, highlights! Seems I'm resurfacing).

*I have had so much fun teaching this week. I realized for the first time that all the time I taught high school I was for the most part expanding on previous knowledge. When you teach younger students, you get to teach them things they've never known before and it is totally exciting.

*I told my class today that I was going to teach them to be good writers if it killed me. One student looked up and me and said, "You might as well make your death plan." I'm determined not to see him at my funeral any time soon.

*Last night I talked to one of my brothers on the phone for over 30 minutes. We talked about life, work, family, and opportunities. Tonight I went back and forth texting another brother who actually wrote, "You are awesome...that is one of the many reasons I love you so much!" I mean really, how many people can say that about their brothers? When I say that my brothers are my best friends, I mean it.

*This morning, before I went to school, I dropped off the other kids, ran to Wal-Mart, called back 4 people (two of them I actually said no to...really), sorted the laundry and washed and dried one load, made chicken parmesan for 25, changed for school, fed Max and had a brief discussion with my mom. These events began at approximately 8:15 and ended at 12 when I went back to school to teach. These are the mornings I feel like supermom.

Life is busy. Seems it will be until I die. But in the midst of it all, God is still God. He still manages to get through to me. And He always, always blesses me!

2 Comments:

Anonymous BAMA said...

And fed your parents supper!! You are SUPER MOM!! Supper was great and we love you ! Hard to imagine how God could love you more-----but know he does!!!!!

11:45 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Aww thanks Mom:)

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home