/> Raising Angels: A Happy Report

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Happy Report

Yesterday we braved the Children's Medical College maze to find our way to the pediatric neurology center. By the time I got there, I was wishing I had brought the stroller along. My 26 pound bundle of joy is giving my arm a serious workout.

When I walked through the door of the office, however, I immediately saw that Max's little delays are nothing...NOTHING. If he never walked, I would still have it easier than the moms that waited with me.

Long story short, after the exam, the doctor ruled out scary things like a muscle biopsy and settled with a CPK blood test. The test came back normal and the doctor said he saw nothing wrong.

I left that hospital feeling so very grateful. The burden had been lifted. The prayers had been answered.

Want to hear something funny? After dinner last night as Max was moving around behind his little walker, he pushed it ahead of himself. He then proceeded to take 8, count 'em, EIGHT steps!

Maybe, my little guy is even smarter than I think he is. Maybe he's had enough of being poked, prodded and examined. Maybe it was a fluke. Maybe it was my ram in the bushes. Whatever the case, I am going to accept the miracles I'm given and say, thanks be to God!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you,Lord! He is a beautiful, sweet natured baby.

- Kelly

9:03 AM  
Blogger nicole said...

Great!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Shauna said...

Wonderful news!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

He was teaching you to appreciate what you do have!!!!! Super news!!!!

1:44 PM  
Anonymous mom said...

It was Bama's birthday prayer answered!

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home