/> Raising Angels: A Second Look

Monday, August 17, 2009

A Second Look

Today I only had two things on my to-do list - watch two extra kids and cook dinner for two extra families. I planned to stay home all day to accomplish said tasks.

It was a funny kind of day because my kids all slept in much later than usual. Ordinarily that would be nice but today it meant breakfast in three shifts.

Cooking for two other families is something I do once a week. Usually it's work, but no big deal. Today it involved trying out a new recipe that involved orange zest which caused me to slice my finger. It was also interrupted regularly by Aiden's quest to complete his newest Lego project.

For some strange reason I thought doing a load of laundry in the midst of all the other stuff would be a good idea. Most times this is a good way to avoid loads and loads at the same time, but today one load turned into two loads when I found a load in the dryer I had forgotten about.

Multiple shifts of breakfast meant the same at lunch time. This was interrupted by a request from my husband to clean an oven that has been sitting in our garage. A dirty and time consuming task for sure.

The rest of the day went much the same. By the end I was a little frustrated as well as disappointed by how I couldn't get the dinner done in time and how nothing seemed to get done.

That's when I decided to step back and take a look at where my time went today. Granted, every day does not include extra meals and kids, as well as so much Lego madness. However, it does involve four kids of my own who still need me a lot.

All in all, I suppose...in retrospect, it was time well spent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home