/> Raising Angels: Just Another Day in the Life of a Mom with Boys

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Just Another Day in the Life of a Mom with Boys

Today while at a friend's house, Dawson wanted to try out a pogo stick. I told him that I didn't think he could do it just yet but he was very convincing.

I stood there and held the stick while explaining to him what to do. I continued to hold it while he climbed on and did his best to jump. He thought it was funny...until he wiggled free of my hands and began to fall. Unfortunately, while he was falling, he was also trying to jump. I watched in agony as he banged his little chin on the top of the stick.

I knew he was hurt and I tried my best to comfort him while my friend ran for some ice. It wasn't until I asked him to look up that I noticed the slice under his chin. After looking at the stick I discovered that the top rubber stop was missing and it was an exposed metal pole.

A second look and I found that the slice on the chin, although not bleeding much, was really more of a gash that upon inspection was looking more like a gaping cavern.

Fortunately for me, my friend just happens to be a P.A. and she took a look at it and told me she didn't think it needed stitches, but some butterflies, which unfortunately she didn't have. Well, it just so happens that I have a mother who lives about a mile from me - she was an ER nurse for over twenty years. She has a seemingly endless medical supply at her house (and she's always more than happy to patch up a grandchild).

And so, with a little drama and no cost to me, my boy was patched up and good to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home