/> Raising Angels: The Perfect Gift

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Perfect Gift

I'm finding that the older we (my siblings & parents) get, the harder it is to find gifts. August is a big month around here - 9 birthdays and anniversaries between our two families. With things being tight around here, we have to be more creative than usual.

This is actually a good thing...I think. I mean the longer we're around, the fewer things we need. Don't you find this to be true? I think it's a combination of becoming more content with our lives, more appreciative of what we have, and less needy in general. It's a good place to be.

Today is my brother's birthday and in honor of him I attended a Serra Club Adoration/Holy Hour . As I was kneeling before the Blessed Sacrament I was reminded by Jesus that He is all I need, all anyone needs.

It became clear to me that of all the gifts, I could give my brother, this one is the best. We live in a world of stuff. Things have become the end all be all to a lot of people. Tonight I realized that none of that matters. If I have Jesus, I have everything I need. And truly, what better gift is there than to give Him to others?

Happy Birthday Aaron! I love you and I hope you're feeling the prayers coming your way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home