/> Raising Angels: Grateful - Day 41

Monday, April 06, 2009

Grateful - Day 41

Dear Fr. Tim,

It was such a blessing to be able to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation today. I know that this week is one of the busiest weeks of the year for priests and yet there you were, hearing daily confessions as you always do.

When it came time for Mackenzie to enter, I turned to watch her walk in. She was the epitome of innocence. She had prepared for her confession and was ready. There was no fear - okay, perhaps a little nervousness. She was happy to have the opportunity to flex her fairly new-found sacramental rights. She walked into the Confessional and sat down right in front of you. I was so proud. She was beautiful. She was all those things but that is not what moved me.

What I saw when she walked into that Confessional was the warm smile on your face as you greeted her. In that moment I saw Jesus sitting there welcoming my daughter with open arms. It was in that moment I was reminded of the beauty of this sacrament - the gift that it is - the wonder of our faith. Jesus doesn't shy away from sinners and He doesn't shun them. In fact, He welcomes sinners with open arms and a warm smile just like you did today.

When we were walking back to the car I said to her, "We were so blessed to be able to go to Confession today. Don't you feel better now?"

"You know before I came here I just felt kind of all, well all full, you know from sins I guess. But now I feel so light and happy," she related. And so did I.

Today you were God's instrument. Today I saw Jesus in you in a clear and powerful way. Today I hope you are encouraged in your vocation.

With love, prayers and gratitude,

Amy Parris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home