/> Raising Angels: Grateful - Day 37

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Grateful - Day 37

Today I am grateful for the little ways God shows us He loves us. I'm talking about the things He does for us that we don't ask for, that aren't necessary, but are oh so much fun.

To say that things have been tight around here financially is really an understatement. Needless to say, disposable income is nonexistent. I have to admit that I've probably had the hardest time with this since I often rewarded myself for making it through Nelson's late nights by picking up take out. I also get in a lot of my adult conversation with friends over chicken nuggets at a playground.

Forgoing eating out is not the only sacrifice involved and by no means the biggest...just one that I really miss every once in awhile. But in the last few weeks God has handed me a few surprises and they have blown me away.

A few weeks ago our local Brewster's offered a free waffle cone to anyone who came to the store in their pajamas. Now I'm not one for going public places in your PJs but this occasion involved ice cream. I loaded up the kids and met some friends and boy did we have fun. Dawson, who usually gets the kid sized cone, was the first to get his. The size of his eyes when he saw his gigantic cone was worth the whole night. We sat around and talked, the kids raced around, we all ate really delicious ice cream and it didn't cost me a dime. What a great memory!

Today I discovered that Chick-fil-A was giving away breakfast. I was in the neighborhood so I popped in to check it out. It was true and they gave me, Dawson and Max chicken biscuits...for FREE. We sat down near the play area and discovered that on Thursdays they offer free crafts for the kids. Breakfast, an Easter magnet, time on the playground and time with two of my favorite boys - PRICELESS.

God certainly did not have to do that for me. I am a big enough girl to live without a few conveniences here and there. God knows that. He did it for me anyway. Do you see His love? I didn't need it. I don't deserve it. I wasn't looking for it. I didn't even ask for it. He did it because He's God, He loves me and that’s the way He rolls.

Thinking about this tonight actually brought a tear to my eye, not because I love Chick-fil-A but because I really felt His infinite love for me. I figure, if He loves me enough to do a little thing unnecessary thing like this, how much more will He provide for me where I really need it.

Sometimes, the best things in life really are free!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

As on facebook, I like it! Thumbs up. Great post.


BTW, please check out my blog. I have a request.

1:15 AM  
Blogger nicole said...

Yea for free food! I also enjoy eating out, and doing less of that as we adjust our finances has been hard. This post was very timely for me. I need to be grateful for the abundant food in my home, even if it is not what I want to eat.

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Pat said...

amen!
Glad to see you're enjoying those kids!!

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home