/> Raising Angels: Grateful - Day 36

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Grateful - Day 36

Today I am grateful just to make it through another day. Sometimes I take that for granted or say it tongue in cheek but today I thought a lot about this and I mean it.

It was one of those days that my first thought upon waking was, "When can I get some rest?" I then ran through the next several days and I couldn't think of one down moment. It made it hard to get out of bed.

Today involved Nelson leaving town and me getting kids up, dressed, fed and all of us to school by 8:30 in the pouring down rain. Teach ballroom dance to the entire high school by myself. Run Dawson to school. Prep dinner for three families. Run back to school for Dawson's Easter party. Get after school snacks and homework done. Run back and forth to piano lessons. Cook dinner and deliver. Pick kids up from Catechesis. Feed my kids and get them to bed. Clean up gigantic kitchen mess and fold two loads of laundry.

I know all mothers are busy and I'm not suggesting that I'm any busier. I do this every so often so that when I look back on these days I will remember the good and the bad. I will remember all the hours I put in to building the character of my children and tightening the bonds of my family. And, hopefully, one day down the road I'll be able to sit back and enjoy the fruits of my labor.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Pat said...

Don't commit to too much. What does Jesus want you to do as priorities? Take a deep breath, enjoy those children and chill. Maybe cut back on some things. I don't think Jesus wants moms to run in circles.

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home