/> Raising Angels: Grateful - Day 29

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Grateful - Day 29

Today I'm grateful that the cognitive assessment of Max this afternoon determined that he's just fine. Of course, I could have told them as much if they'd only asked. I mean I know I'm his mom and all, and I'm probably just a tad bit prejudice when my children are concerned but hey, I'm also his MOM. Who knows him better than me?

I know him well enough to call the doctor when it's an ear infection, like it has been for the past month and a half. I know the difference between the happy scream, the angry scream and the hurt scream (and I'm not exaggerating when I say scream). I know when he's tired, I know when he's happy and I know when he's mad. So, I don't think it's a far stretch to say that I know he's not missing anything mentally; he's just not crawling for goodness sakes.

Hopefully, when the real therapy starts and we end all this crazy assessment business, we'll get him moving. I know this is what needs to happen. I know this because that's the way babies learn. I know this because by now I consider myself a pretty seasoned mom (of babies at least - yes, I know the teenage years are coming). I also know this because I've known Max longer than anyone else.

You know what? I'm very grateful that I can say that. I'm not just grateful to know that Max is okay mentally. I'm grateful just to know him. And I'm grateful that this is a process that will continue for many, many...many more years to come.

1 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

Good news. Good luck with the therapy.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home