/> Raising Angels: More on Gratitude

Friday, March 06, 2009

More on Gratitude

I'm going to cheat a bit on this entry as I have gotten a bit behind on my Lenten discipline. It's not that I haven't been thinking about it. I've just been too busy or tired to record it.

Grateful – Day 9

Today I remember really thinking about gratitude all day, trying to find just one thing to be grateful about but the problem was it was too hard to choose. It was then that it hit me – that was enough right there.

Grateful – Day 10

Tonight night I went to a baby shower for one of my neighbors at a Mexican restaurant. It was a relatively small crowd and in the midst of the normal laughter, jumbo Margaritas, cheese dip and diapers we took out time to honor the mom-to-be. This is a normal occurrence in my family and circle of friends. We honor each other on special occasions. There is no roasting or mockery (at least we try really hard most of the time).

The person being honored leaves feeling truly loved. It’s a wonderful tradition both for the person being honored and the people doing the honoring. Tonight we chose to focus some gratitude on one particular person. Now that’s some gratitude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home