/> Raising Angels: Grateful - Day 7

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Grateful - Day 7

This morning I went in to get Max out of bed and discovered that he had thrown up some time during the night. It broke my heart that I didn't get to comfort him, that he had to sleep like that. I was amazed that he still greeted me with a big smile and his happy, "Hi!"

As I gagged while picking him up out of that mess (those of you who know me, know I don't tolerate vomit...at all) I realized how blessed I am to have healthy children. Sure we've had our fair share of stomach bugs, ear infections, breathing treatments and even a hospital stay, but nothing we didn't get over.

I realize that there are parents who deal with serious health issues in their children. There are those who spend as much time in hospitals as at home. There are some who actually have to bury their own children. It makes me so sad to think about it.

I admire those parents whose trials are greater than I can dream of. I admire them and I thank God I am not them. I kiss my kids every morning and every night and I thank God for the gift of their health. I know I didn't do anything to deserve four healthy children and that is why I am truly grateful today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home