/> Raising Angels: Lenten Preview

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lenten Preview

Ah Lent - full of possibilities. Some may feel more of a sense of dread and at times I have been there too. But as I've gotten older, I find that I actually look forward to seasons of discipline.

Last year I was totally focused on the upcoming arrival of baby Max. My Lenten journey was all about keeping him safe, delivering him and bringing him home to the old house before moving in here. It was a busy time to say the least.

Here I sit, one year later with 40 days of possibility ahead of me. I'm not sure why but I feel like God has got some big things in store for me. Well, at least that's what I'm praying for...and choosing to expect. My quandary the past few days has been how to help facilitate that process. What can I do? What does God want me to do?

Today, through a few small events, I feel like I got my answer. It was not the answer I was expecting. It was not the answer I was leaning towards. It was - I think - God's answer. And so, I am hopeful. I am encouraged. I am anticipating with joy the season ahead.

I would tell you what it is but I think I'll save that for tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Blair said...

Looking forward to hearing about it!
And I'm still curious what the birthday gift was that all the children enjoy?

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home