/> Raising Angels: Catch Up

Monday, March 02, 2009

Catch Up

I'm already a little behind in my Lenten plan. It's not that I haven't been practicing being grateful, I just haven't found the time to write about it.

This weekend we finally had the garage sale we've been planning to have since I started packing to move. It's just one of those things that's been hanging over my head (as well as hanging out in my garage).

Day 2 - Thursday as I set up, I was truly grateful for my parents. The older I get, the more grateful I become but Thursday was a shining example of why. My mom, who is recovering from total knee replacement, made cookies for me to sell at the garage sale. My dad picked up 6 tables, a coffee pot and a hanging rack and brought them to my house and unloaded them for me. I'm sure they both had better things to do that day, but they chose to willingly and lovingly serve me. Just another day for a parent. One that made me grateful for mine.

Day 3 - As I surveyed the tables and tables of stuff that we now find expendable, I became very grateful for the material ways God has provided for me over the years. There have been seasons of plenty and seasons of want. And now, even though finances are proving to be a challenge, we still have enough stuff that we don't need or want to fill an entire garage. Amazing!

Day 4 - After two days of working really, really hard my husband took me out on a date. I was grateful that I still love being with my husband. That he still thinks enough of me to take me out on the town with friends, make me feel beautiful and share a very tasty steak with me. And...it just keeps getting better.

Day 5 - Today I was so grateful that the garage sale weekend was over.

Day 6 - Today the kids had a day off for the snow we never saw. But I got to roll over in bed this morning and rest for a while longer. I didn't have to say, "Hurry up and finish your breakfast." I taught them to play Go Fish and they got it. I know these days are passing quickly so I am grateful that every once in awhile God gives us an extra one to spend some time with each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home