/> Raising Angels: What We've Been Up to Lately

Monday, February 02, 2009

What We've Been Up to Lately

A little hog hunting - just Nelson, not the kids. We did, however, watch the cleaning and processing of the animals. We also ate one for dinner, in spite of the blood and guts show before. To all you vegetarians out there, for a brief moment, I understood you.
Our first family trip to the roller rink. First time on skates proved to be a bit challenging for the boys. Thankfully they had beginner skates that were a little more their speed. How about this skating cowboy?
After a few times around holding our hands, they took off on their own. We all had so much fun we thought we might try it again sometime soon.
Today we found a way to kill two birds (or more) with one stone. A third grader who has to log 300 minutes of reading to get her Book-It! certificate this month and a Kindergartener who needs at least 6 books read to him lead to this scene today. Reading time for them - check. Quiet time for me - check!
And all of this activity has made for one tired little guy. It's hard to believe that our baby will turn one this month.

3 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

Having kids who can read has been one of my greatest unexpected surprises in this family dynamic. I love that my girls love to read and that my boys like to listen.

And oh my goodness how did our babies get to be one? Or almost one. I can't believe it.

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That little Max is simply adorable!

9:58 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Definitely love the reading. Watching it happen is nothing short of miraculous.

And yes, first birthdays always catch me by surprise but this one especially. Where does the time go?

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home