/> Raising Angels: Lord of the Dance

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Lord of the Dance

Like most Americans I watched/listened to part of yesterday's historic events. It evoked a number of emotions for a variety of reasons. I was wrestling with these emotions when the piece played by Yo-Yo Ma and Itzhak Perlmen came on.

Was it just me or did anyone else hear it? It was a beautiful piece. The tune was The Lord of the Dance. I'm pretty sure that's not the original use of the tune. Also, I seriously doubt if it had anything to do with the choice of it for the inauguration. However, I knew there was a reason I heard it.

Politics is a dance after all isn't it? It doesn't matter who is in the office, how he got there, or what he plans to do, because ultimately, God is still in charge. He is the Lord of the Dance.

That's good enough for me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Shauna said...

Yep Amy - I heard it too - and sang along...No need to worry when the Lord of the Dance is leading us.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Amen! I actually thought of you and your wedding when I heard it.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Heather Raven said...

I listened to it on you tube, and I didn't hear it. Just sounded like a bunch of classical stuff. Oh well.

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lord of the Dance is based on the 18th century shaker hymn, Simple Gifts (Tis a Gift to be Simple, Tis a Gift to be Free...) Just an FYI.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Thanks for the info Kristine.

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home