/> Raising Angels: A Little Resolve

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

A Little Resolve

I have a confession to make. No matter the day, no matter the hour, no matter the exhaustion level, I can't leave the kitchen a mess. I can't go to bed without counters wiped, dishes clean and floors swept. I know. It's somewhat of an obsession. Something about waking up to a dirty kitchen makes me feel as if I'm starting the day behind.

I also usually try to pick up the family room. I can't relax with toys scattered everywhere...even if they're Max's. Tonight however, I sit typing among literally hundreds of Lego’s, Lincoln Logs and wooden blocks. I told the kids to pick them up earlier, but then there was Catechesis, making dinner for two other families, feeding my own family, bathing 3 boys all with no husband at home.

Now that the house is quiet, I sit tempted to clean all this up myself. It will be less painful, faster and neatly done...but not today. Today I will be strong and let the toys stay in their places. When the angels who are currently sleeping awake, they will be charged to complete the task of cleaning they were issued this afternoon. They will not be doing anything else until they do.

They won't like it. They will most likely complain. They will most definitely not do it perfectly. But...they will do it. They will learn. They will get better.

And one day...they will thank me. Maybe.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same here Amy. Kitchen needs to be clean. And all beds need to be made before anything else happens after breakfast.

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home