/> Raising Angels: Another List

Friday, October 03, 2008

Another List

After running two morning carpools; shopping for long pants for the middle boy, who amazingly enough is too big for his and too small for Aiden’s; buying a gift for a wedding; shopping for groceries to take to the beach; picking up Kindergarten carpool plus Mackenzie, who was sick; picking up Dawson; supervising school work that will be missed next week; washing clothes; and welcoming our second set of guests to the apartment, I find myself utterly exhausted.

This seems to be a pattern for me. Most of you who read this always tell me I do too much and just seeing the above list makes me agree with you. However, I seriously don’t know how to slow it down.

Everything on this list had to be done today. Kids – had to get to school. Gift – had to be purchased, as wedding is tomorrow. Groceries – needed to be purchased now to provide more time to relax at the beach. Guests – totally separate from us and I did nothing other than provide clean sheets and towels.

I can tell you this, tonight, the family room will not be picked up and the banana bread will not be baked. I WILL get to bed before midnight if it kills me. I will push one more day and a half. And then…I will SLOW down. I will not rush anywhere or do anything unnecessary (unless it involves ice cream or a pedicure…hopefully both) for the next week.

A girl’s gotta’ do what a girl’s gotta’ do.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

I sing the same song sweetie!
Have a pedicure for all the moms out here!

9:48 PM  
Blogger My name is Dianna said...

I hear you! The busier it gets the harder I cling...it's great being busy with you!

11:57 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

i'll try to stick with you on this one! busyness is not better!

i do love your blog...and little max is getting so big (and beautiful!!!)

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home