/> Raising Angels: The Cheating Gardener

Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Cheating Gardener

Nelson recently painted the white plastic cleanout in the middle of our yard. He thought painting it green might help it blend into the grass better.

This morning on the way to church, Mackenzie stared out the window and observed, "These people have REALLY nice yards. Their grass is really green."

"Hey," Nelson said in a bit of protest, "we have a nice yard. Our grass is really green too."

"Yeah Daddy, but you painted ours. That doesn't count."

1 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

Hi Amy,
Here are a couple of links to how I did the cake.
First, a description of how-to:

http://www.joyofbaking.com/CheckerboardCake.html

The link on that site goes here for the actual pan:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/kitchen/B00004R90W/qid=1036939422/sr=11-1/ref=sr_11_1

My set was given to me by my grandmother, and I have an insert for each pan.
You could probably find this type of pan at other places as well.

I used the darkest chocolate cake mix I could find and a white cake mix (NO yolks). Yes I did use a boxed cake mix rather than making one from scratch.
I don't have that much time.
:)

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home