/> Raising Angels: Rock Into Peace

Monday, September 29, 2008

Rock Into Peace

Saturday morning during a praise and worship session on a women’s retreat, we were directed to dive into the river of God’s mercy. Holding an overtired and fussy 20 lb. baby did not lend itself to jumping in. I bounced Max, sang and tried to enter in.

After a few moments Max relaxed and put his head on my chest, something he’s been doing before I put him to bed lately. It is the sweetest thing. Holding him in my arms and swaying to the music, I felt overwhelmed with gratitude for this gift. As hard as it was, it was so amazing to have a weekend during which my only focus was on Max. Having his body molded perfectly to mine, it struck me how much I love this child. He is flesh of my flesh and my love for him is indescribable.

Basking in this gratitude, eyes closed and swaying my sleeping child, God the Father came down, picked me up, and put my head on His chest. It was so real I could feel the warmth of His body. I was totally relaxed, unbelievably peaceful. I was in the Father’s arms being rocked into His peace.

It was an amazing, miraculous experience – a moment in the physical presence of the Creator. I think it’s a message to all of us, one that is especially meaningful for parents. God wants us to stop fighting. He wants us to stop looking at everyone around us. Instead, He wants us to relax, put our heads on His chest and let Him rock us into peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

What a beautiful, comforting image. Thanks for sharing Amy!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

I hope you can lean on it during this challenging time.

"I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me."

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home