/> Raising Angels: The Secret's Out

Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Secret's Out

Okay, so if you’ve been reading my blog for awhile you will remember how much I struggled to do this. And the following year, I did this and loathed every minute of it. Then I got pregnant with Max and quit all forms of cardio exercise.

Then, oh about late May, my brother once again threw out the gauntlet to try this. I think it was the new mother hormones and the inspiration I got from this that made me say yes.

Up until today it’s been my little secret that only a few friends and family members knew about. It is such a seemingly impossible task that I didn’t want to make a possible failure on my part such a public event. That is until today, when I awoke to the calls from three different people telling me to open to the front page of the Sports Section and read this.

So much for anonymity.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

Haha, Well, I like this article about you. Run Amy run!

4:16 AM  
Blogger nicole said...

Good for you! That is awesome. I'm running a six mile leg of a marathon relay in December. And I'm already thinking about attempting a half sometime next year. My husband thinks I have gone crazy, but I just need a goal ahead of me to keep me accountable. I can't wait to see a picture of you crossing the finish line. And you're not just passing on a lesson on the value of exercise, but also setting goals and sticking to it, even when hard.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Envious of you and proud of you at the same time!

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home