/> Raising Angels: Shooting for the Stars

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Shooting for the Stars

Over lunch today Dawson looked over to my place and asked, "Mama, when can I drink out of a glass like you?"

I thought for a moment when I might be willing to give this a try as even my 5 year old boy is still drinking from the unbreakable plastic cups. "How about when you stop spilling your drink?"

"Don't spill for how long?" he earnestly asked.

"Maybe in a few weeks, if you don't spill, we can give it a try."

He thought again for a moment. "How about this Mama...how about I don't spill at all...EVER again. Then could I use one?"

3 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

That's very cute. My almost 9 year old, and certainly my 7 year old, are still using plastic glasses. My younger son is one who tends to spill his drink a lot.
I never though about what age I would graduate them to "grown-up" drinkware. I'm so afraid something will get broken.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

You have to let him use one after that cute comment!

8:45 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

You may be right. Especially after his compliment tonight!

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home