/> Raising Angels: A Girl Knows Just What a Girl Needs to Hear

Monday, February 25, 2008

A Girl Knows Just What a Girl Needs to Hear

Tonight I was sitting down to the table for dinner when Mackenzie looked at me and said, "Mama, you're looking more like yourself."

I was in my PJs (the only way I have to remind myself to slow down and let myself mend) and wasn't sure what she meant.

She continued when she saw the questioning look on my face, "I mean just days ago your stomach was like out to here," she said holding her hands as far away from her body as possible, "and now it just keeps getting smaller and smaller so you're skinny like you used to be."

If I was physically able to jump up and swing her around the room, I would have.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

That is very sweet. My oldest son said the same thing to me after I gave birth.
BTW, my daughter was 8 lbs 4 oz too...all my babies have been 8 lbs...I too wondered how they fit in there.
He's a cutie. Kiss him for me!

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We just want your blog audience to know how very proud we are of our newest family member. Papa is calling him our little tie-breaker, since we now have 4 grandsons and 3 granddaughters. He is such a sweetheart, and the other 3 children are just thrilled. You have done such a great job preparing them for this birth. We love you all, Damma & Papa.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Now that's a good daughter! ; )

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home