/> Raising Angels: Increasing the Vocational Options

Monday, June 18, 2007

Increasing the Vocational Options

With T-minus 4 days, 13 hours and 17 minutes to Aaron's ordination (courtesy of a countdown clock on my desktop), talk around here these days has centered on vocations, ordinations, and priesthood.

Yesterday on the way home from mass the question came from Aiden. "What does ordination mean?"

"It means that you are touched by the hand of God," I answered.

"Oooh," he responded with genuine awe, "I want to be ordained."

"I want to be ordained too," Dawson added with full enthusiasm.

This morning as Aiden was standing on the toilet, Superman cape around his neck, watching me put my contacts in, he was still buzzing about becoming a priest. "I think that would be great Aiden. I just want you to do whatever God tells you to do," I told him.

"Okay Mama," he said in a matter-of-fact conversational tone. Then he added, "And if God asks me to be a super hero, I'll do that too!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home