/> Raising Angels: Guess I Asked For It

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Guess I Asked For It

Tonight we were at a farewell reception for a priest who is a dear friend of ours. While I was making my way around the food table I spotted this.Obviously, it was cheese. But really, if I opened my refrigerator and saw this, I would toss it in the trash.

There was a lady standing next to me who was very near 90 years old. I turned to her and asked, "Do you by any chance know what this is?"

She looked at the green chunk and said, "It's c-h-e-e-s-e."

I smiled and nodded politely thinking, ‘No kidding. I KNOW it's CHEESE.’ Then she pointed to the items on the left of the cheese and said very slowly, "And this is a-s-p-a-r-a-g-u-s."

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

So how did it taste? Because I know you got a big slab of it...

7:04 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Rach,

You're right. I did try it out of total curiousity. It was an aged herbed cheese and it tasted MUCH better than it looked.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home