/> Raising Angels: Truer Words Were Never Spoken

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Truer Words Were Never Spoken

We've spent this week really focusing on the events of Holy Week and the death of Jesus. Much time has been spent telling the story of Easter through the Resurrection Eggs, books about Easter, the Triduum services and the Easter cookies we made tonight.

The focus has been so strong that tonight, as I was putting Dawson's pajamas on, Mackenzie and Aiden were in the room playing and I heard the following conversation.

"Kenzie, you want to play?" asked Aiden.

"Sure," she said.

"Okay you be Jesus. Let's go."

"No Aiden," she told him patiently, "I can't be Jesus. I'll be Mary. Why don't you be Jesus?"

"I don't want to be Jesus," he replied. "I'll be Mary and you be Jesus."

"Aiden,” I interjected, “Mackenzie can't be Jesus because Jesus was a boy and she is a girl. Why don't you let her be Mary and you can be Jesus?"

"I don't want to be Jesus," he said rather adamantly. "Jesus died and I don't want to die."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home