/> Raising Angels: And Don't You Forget It!

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

And Don't You Forget It!

Lately the topic of choice around here has been birth order. It's come up as I've called Dawson “baby” one or two times.

"I not a baby," he always answers.

I try to explain by saying, "You are the baby in this family because you are the youngest. And, no matter how old you get, you'll be the baby until we have another one in the house."

This of course brings up a myriad of questions from the older two which I try to answer by using other family members. "Uncle Kevin is the baby of Mama's family and Daddy is the baby of his family even though they aren't really babies anymore." This hasn't satisfied their curiosity.

Tonight, as we discussed the topic again a light went off in Mackenzie's head. "I think I get it. If Uncle Kevin is the baby in your family then that means you're the oldest even though you're the littlest one in your family."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! I love these conversations.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home