/> Raising Angels: Sunday Morning Musings

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Sunday Morning Musings

This morning I was struggling to buckle Dawson in his car seat while trying to manipulate the shoulder belts around the ball he had in each hand.

"Mama, I LOVE balls!"

"Yes Dawson, I know you do," I said as I finally got the last buckle locked in place.

He then preceded to lift both balls up over his head and began singing, "I got LOTS of balls!" Then putting them back at his side and lowering his pitch, "I got two balls." Again the hands went over head, "I got LOTS of balls!" Then placing them at his side again, "I got two balls. Oh I love balls."

American Idol here we come.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While at church this morning Mackenzie turned around to find a broken blue crayon in the pew. She held it up to me with an earnest look. "Did we sit here last time?"

12 Comments:

Blogger Andi said...

What is the movie "Life is Beautiful" about???

-visiting from Wendy's blog

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! I had to laugh. Your children are a hoot I am sure! Thanks for visiting me! Southern girls must support each other.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Oh my gosh the bluest butterfly! Go directly to the movie store and get it. It is really life changing. It won an Academy Award for Roberto B.

It's about a man who falls in love, marries and has a son. He and his son get taken away to a concentration camp and his wife VOLUNTEERS to go with them. It is truly a beautiful example about making the most out of life no matter what your circumstances are.

Come back and visit after you've watched it and tell me what you think. Oh yeah, you HAVE to get the Italian version with subtitles. It just isn't the same in English.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Aren't kids just the coolest?!! They don't realize they are making lasting memories for us each time they do or say something like this. They are truly such blessings! I love em'!

I'm curious about that movie now! I'll have to check it out also!

www.homeschoolblogger.com/sforrester

10:13 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Definitely sonya. Maybe I'll hold a discussion about it some day soon. Let me know what you think.

In fact, all this talking about the movie makes me want to see it again myself.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Andi said...

The blue crayon made me smile.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Andi said...

I think I have seen that...does the father create a fantasy world for him where they are playing a game in which they must hide?

If this is the one....that movie was SO beautiful.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Yes bluest butterfly. That's the one! Even marching off to his death, the daddy kept things light for his son. It really made me want to be a better person, especially for my kids.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Monkey Giggles said...

Swinging in for the Ultimate Blog Party. Nice to meet ya.

I will be starting my 3rd party favor give away later tonight. Come on over when ya get a chance.

PARTY ON!!!!

4:39 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Hi there Monkey Giggles. Love your site. The music is way cool. I'll have to figure that out. I tried to leave a comment but had some trouble. I'll try again later because your prizes look great!

Thanks for visiting.

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! What a joy children can be. It's such a blessing to see creation through their eyes and to laugh so lighheartedly at their funnies. Stop by my blog if you can. Christian homeschool mom of 4.
Blessings,
~Toni~

1:02 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Thanks for stopping by Toni. Come again any time!

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home