/> Raising Angels: Making a Memory

Friday, December 01, 2006

Making a Memory

Tomorrow is the big day for Mackenzie. She had her first full school rehearsal yesterday and I got many raving reports from her teachers. I didn't realize until today that she is the only one with a solo. Of course, this is the report from a six year old so she could be wrong. Nevertheless, it is a very big deal.

We've been working on it for what seems like forever now. She knows it. I know it. Even the boys are singing it. This morning, as we were rehearsing again, it dawned on me that I really wanted to get her something to reward her for all of her hard work as well as to commemorate the big day. I have butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it now!

This morning I headed to the biggest Christmas shop in town. I had nixed my idea for flowers already and was in search of some kind of Silent Night ornament. I had no luck. I couldn't even find an angel ornament I liked.

I had almost given up when I turned to see this.I thought it was so sweet that I had to take a closer look. It was then that I noticed that there were slats for the figures to move and a little drawer in front. I wound it up and opened the drawer. Guess what I heard!

Okay, it was a little more than an ornament but the more I listened, the more I realized this was it. After all she's the angel singing at Jesus' birth. I had visions of her one day pulling the box out of her attic and telling her children the story of the time she sang "Silent Night" in the Christmas Pageant.

Some events are just worth turning into lasting memories. This has already been such a special one for us.

Please pray for her tomorrow. Better yet, pray for me. I'm sure she'll do fine. She always does. I'm the nervous wreck!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy,
You are wonderful and what a fantastic gift for Mackenzie.
If the entire world believed in love for all humanity, with respect for one another's beliefs, as long as they are for the good of humankind, we would have enduring Peace on Earth.
Love,
Elaine

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home