/> Raising Angels: Two Year Old "Logic"

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Two Year Old "Logic"

Aiden is at the age of eternal questions. Dawson has not yet arrived. Instead, he is working on answering questions. What follows are questions I asked him throughout today and his...answers.

Flapping his hands and giggling like an addict awaiting his fix while watching me make him some strawberry milk this morning he said, "Ooh, I LIKE strawbewy milk!"

"Why do you like it so much?" I asked trying to get the conversation going.

"Uh...'cause...I LIKE strawbewy milk!"

When he woke up from his nap, he had one arm out of his shirt.

"Why did you take your arm out of your shirt?"

"Uh...'cause...I take my arm out of my shirt."

Then this evening, I found him squeezing the A&D ointment out all over himself.

"Dawson, why did you do that?"

"Uh...'cause...I dood it."

Logic is not anywhere in the near future.

4 Comments:

Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Pretty much, at age 2, they do any of that "because they can!" LOL! And it's amazing what they CAN do, isn't it?

6:31 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Indeed it is. Just now he correctly identified each colored Fruit Loop in his breakfast bowl!

8:31 AM  
Blogger nicole said...

Okay, not to get you down, but I ask my four and five year olds those questions and still get those answers. Why did you hit your sister? Because I did. Why did the milk spill? Because it spilled.

Logic has no place in life with small children. :)

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear sweetest Mother Amy,
Children are born pure and innocent; it is their environment that molds who they will become.
When little Dawson gave you his sweet logical answers, they were just that; sweet and logical.
He reminds me of the sincerety, purity and honesty, simplicity and love of Jesus.
He also is showing the simplicity of a wonderful philosopher who says "When you are chewing, just chew" and "when you are thinking, just think", and "when you are going to the bathroom, just do it"
Dawson's logic is pure simplicity; he has not been touched by complications of others interfering in his thought process.
You as his Mom are responding correctly, with a question, and he is responding in purity and love.
One reader said they do it because they can. Well, that it true, but they do it, because it is natural, and flows...no comp lications...just live and enjoy the moment!
Love,
Elaine

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home