/> Raising Angels: Maybe I Missed My Call

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Maybe I Missed My Call

I found the results of this quiz very interesting. (*note - publishing this quiz messed up my blog so you'll just have to garner the results based on what I wrote)Someone once told my parents that my biggest problem was going to be choosing one field to go into because my interests were so spread out.

My first loves were anything that put me on the stage. I wanted to be an actress, a dancer, an artist and a musician. Next I wanted to be the first of many things - the first woman on the moon, the first woman president, the first almost anything.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) what I didn't want to be was a starving artist. What I decided to be was an English teacher who was also the yearbook advisor, the theater director and a few other tasks that were thrown my way in the small private school I worked in. For me it was perfect. Every day I was on stage in front of my students. I got to tell them about the things I love. I got to do the things I love. I got to be with teenagers who I always learned to love.

Through it all I have always been a writer. I have kept journals since I was in grade school. I write in journals for my kids. I write to people I love. For a few years I was actually a free lance writer. And, since I have started blogging, the desire to write has grown stronger every day.

Maybe I went into the wrong field. Maybe I should give this other thing a real try. Anyone looking for a writer?

Some may laugh that the second choice was a dancer but I have always loved dancing. In fact, Nelson and I teach ballroom dancing in the high school.

Apparently, some of these tests are rather accurate. Too bad I didn't find this when I was in high school.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is SO neat that you ballrooom dance...So do I!!!! and LOVE IT!!!!

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home