/> Raising Angels: Here I Go Again On My Own

Monday, August 14, 2006

Here I Go Again On My Own

We celebrated my brother's birthday tonight. Because he works in a parish, he has to be there on the weekends. It makes me appreciate the fact that a priest rarely has the weekend off. They work so hard for us and for God.

We had a great dinner and lots of fun followed by lots of dishes. I then came home to a few more dishes from the Snickers cheesecake I made him and lots of packing. You'd think after having just been to the beach it would be easier, but packing for four is never easy.

Let's see there's the food, bath and beach towels, kitchen stuff, sheets, beach toys, house toys, sunscreen, pillows, books, drinks, swimsuits and clothes. Am I forgetting anything? Oh yeah, my husband. Well he's not coming. He's the one sending us off.

The good news is that a friend and her kids are joining us the first two days and the third day I'm spending with my life-long friend I haven't seen in six years. I can't wait to see her and her three children.

Can't someone just beam me up? If only it were that easy. Pray for me and the kids. And please be patient. I promise I'll be back soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home