/> Raising Angels: Here We Go Again

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Here We Go Again

In the myriad of things my husband is involved in (i.e. building our home, investing and working 60 to 80 hours a week, just to name a few), he's gotten a bit behind in his household paperwork.

This is not the first time this has happened. I'm not complaining. I know how easy it is to get behind. As a matter of fact, right now I'm thinking about the two pair of his khaki pants that he'll expect to be ironed by tomorrow. They are presently hanging in the laundry room.

His excuse for not getting on top of things is that he can't get anything done around here with all the distractions. My response is always, "Welcome to my world!"

Don't get me wrong, I feel his pain. What I wouldn't give to have him take the kids out of town for a few days so that I could actually clean the house AND sit down in it while it's still clean!

I've indulged him in this request before. However, since Dawson came into the picture I've been reluctant to try it. "What's the problem," he asks, "I thought you liked getting away?"

Hmm...going out of town for a few days alone with a 22 month old, a 3 year old and a 5 year old is not exactly my idea of getting away. Can I hear an "Amen Sister!”?

Last week however, I got an email from a friend of mine that I've known almost since birth. I moved away when I was in high school but we've managed to keep in touch and we’ve seen each other a few times over the years. She wrote to let me know that she was going to be in Hilton Head next week and wanted to know how far away that was from me. Last night, I relayed that information to Nelson.

By ten o'clock this morning he had arranged for me and the kids to go to a friend's condo on the beach for three days next week. Okay, so I can’t really complain about a husband who sends me to the beach. I love the beach. I love watching my kids on the beach. I can't wait to see my friend and her three kids.

So...once again I will prepare for the beach. I will pack the suitcases and the car. I will drive the kids. I will build sandcastles and spend time with an old friend. I will do it because I love you Nelson.

By the way...when I get back I'm looking into making some arrangements for you and the kids to “get away” for, oh I don't know, a week or so:).

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Yeah, what kind of a "getaway" is this?

I'm really hoping that my husband can take the kids out of the house for a few hours today, so I can get some work done.

I'd really love it if he would take them on a weekend getaway...oh, what I could do with that time!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Mom said...

Amen Sister!

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home