/> Raising Angels: Bike Cleaner

Monday, March 06, 2006

Bike Cleaner


This Saturday I bought Mackenzie a "new" bike at a charity yard sale. It was a great feeling to bring it home and see the absolute joy on her face and hear the high pitched squeal from her mouth.

I felt good about the purchase. I had made my daughter excited. I had recycled (no pun intended). And, I had given to charity. Little did I know that I had also inspired a new vocation.

This afternoon, she finished cleaning her bike and wanted me to come and see it in all its glory.

"How does it look Mom?" she asked expectantly.

"Wow! It looks so shiny and new," I congratulated her.

"I think now when I grow up and be a cowgirl and ballerina, I should also be a bike cleaner. What do you think?"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How precious!!!
I say, "Go for it Mackenzie!!!" (When she opens her bike cleaning shop maybe I'll have her clean my bike.....:-))

10:05 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

You'll know it's her store when you see it decorated in pink with her in a tutu wearing a cowboy hat!

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure I'll be able to find it HeeHee!
Maybe my little sister will be her first employee. It sounds like they have alot in common!

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home