/> Raising Angels: Epiphany

Monday, January 09, 2006

Epiphany

It is a tradition in my family to give each child a Christmas ornament on Epiphany (the Feast of the Three Kings). Yesterday morning I began by giving one to my husband and then to each child in order of age, explaining why I chose each ornament. Everyone left the room immediately to hang their ornaments on the tree. Mackenzie, my five year old daughter, was the last one back into the room. She was smiling sheepishly and holding both hands behind her. She brought her hands to the front revealing a lavender foam tiara decorated with "jewels" that she had made last year in Pre-K. "Happy Epiphany Mama," she said joyously.

I never thought my heart could be melted by foam and glitter. Nor did I ever think I'd understand the scripture of the one leaper who came back to Jesus as well as I did at that moment. For me it was an epiphany on Epiphany.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home