/> Raising Angels: Ordinary Time

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Ordinary Time

I met my husband at 12:15 mass today. Accompaning me were my two sons, Aiden (2) and Dawson (1) - they are 15 months apart. Having been quiet all day, Dawson decided to test out the old vocal chords as we entered the church and saw Daddy.

"Da, da, da," he shouted over and over and over. Realizing the high ceilings paired with the marble floors produced a wonderfully loud echo only encouraged him. I finally gave in and took him into the "Cry Room" where he proceeded to find the wooden changing table which was placed on the same marble floor as in the church, along with the same high ceilings. BANG, BANG, BANG! He gleefully slammed his hand on the wood again and again, laughing hysterically.

I tried desperately to listen to the priest's homily while Dawson was raising his hand in the air yet again. What I was able to catch was something about it being Ordinary Time and how we need to find Jesus in the ordinary, quiet times in our lives since we have more of those than we do events.

I had to laugh. In my house the only quiet times are when all three are asleep at night. Hopefully, I'll be able to find Jesus somewhere in the midst of the noise that is my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home