/> Raising Angels: Why I Love the Beach

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Why I Love the Beach

I've decided that what I love, love, love about the beach is not really the beach at all. I love riding the waves and digging in the sand; but truth be told, the older I get, the less I love the sand that gets everywhere, the sunscreen that the kids hate, the inescapable heat, and the inevitable jellyfish stings. I grew up a lake girl and I still much prefer it...that, and sitting by a pool.

That being said, the beach, particularly this beach week, provides a break from reality. We wake when we want to and eat when we feel like it. I, for the most part, ignore my phone and make no real plans. Sometimes we eat lunch, but mostly we snack by the pool. We eat dinner late and go to bed later. There's no rush to get ready for anything or go anywhere. There are no kids knocking on our door. There are no projects begging to be done.

It is a week of solid family time - a week of ping pong and foosball, story time and movies, conversations and quiet. We rest, recharge and enjoy just being.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the newest little addition! So glad you're back

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home