/> Raising Angels: Happy Birthday Maximilian!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Happy Birthday Maximilian!


Dearest Max,

This morning you woke up before the sun in the wee morning hours. I wished you a Happy Birthday and you asked, "Am I four now?" When I confirmed that indeed you were you said, "I don't feel older." Then, you looked at yourself quite closely and noted, "I'm not any bigger."

It was the sweetest moment. Yes, you have grown...in so many ways. And buddy, I totally feel you when you wonder at your own age. We did this one up big in the area of growing up. We put away the booster chair and the car seat. You were even willing to let me put up the plastic plates and cups.

Although, words don't do my feelings for you any justice at all, I'm going to try. I remember the day you were born like it was yesterday. I thought I really wanted a girl but I was so glad I had a boy because I adore your name. My pregnancy was pure torture between the leg pains and finishing the house but you, oh you were worth every bit of the sacrifice and then some.

You were by far the most peaceful and happiest baby. And, knock on wood, have been the easiest kid. You are loving, kind, funny and content. I hope you never lose any of those qualities.

Perhaps my favorite one of all is your willingness to spontaneously blurt, "I love you Mama," anytime, anywhere. Lately you've added, "You're awesome Mama," to the list. More times than not, you dole out a kiss or hug to go along with your words. It makes me melt and you know it. Besides the spontaneous exclamations, you also strategically throw them out when you know you're in trouble. Did I mention how smart you are?

I love you with all my heart Maximilian and I am so grateful God gave you to me.

Mama

P.S. I'm working on a special project that more fully demonstrates all the ways you've grown, but until then enjoy the photo above. It is you seriously contemplating a very important decision. You're striking out on your own while still holding my hand. That's what I love. I want you to remember that I will always be here for you. Whether it's choosing a cupcake or a vocation, I will let you make that leap forward, but I'll hold your hand every step of the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home