/> Raising Angels: Pray for Us!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pray for Us!

If you're out there and you care about me and my little family, I'm asking that you throw up some prayers for us over the next few days. This is my big week of catering a meal for 100 people. It’s a rehearsal dinner for some dear friends and Nelson and Dawson will be in Saturday’s wedding.

It's also the week I've turned up with the oddest virus of all times. My legs are covered with hives from ankle to backside. Every joint in my body aches. Yesterday my blood pressure bottomed out and scared Nelson so bad he insisted I go to the doctor. My doctor thinks it's not an allergic reaction but some kind of virus, maybe the same strand that hit the boys last week. So weird, and so NOT a good time to be sick.

I laid low yesterday on doctor's orders, but today I had to will myself to feel better because, as you all know, the show must go on. Not only do I have the dinner but we're also hosting two out-of-town wedding guests.

In the midst of all this, we have 2 pre-op appointments for surgeries for me and Max next week. We've had to make an appointment with an orthopedist for Aiden because the pediatrician says he has Scoliosis. And tonight, he developed a rash similar to mine on his face. I mean seriously, I feel like we went from totally healthy to having to see four doctors in one week.

Besides all that I've made an appointment to get my way too long hair cut that I've now had to cancel three, yes three times, due to our various illnesses. This, I know is totally vain, but come ladies, I know you understand. Mama would like her hair to look nice for at least one of the three weddings this month.

In spite of all that we had a splendid time at my cousin's wedding in Illinois even though it was a whopping 1 degree when we entered the city. There was lots of snow, loads of family and hours of dancing. Pictures will come sometime after we make it through all of this.

All too often I try to do it all on my own. Please don’t worry; I have plenty of help with the dinner. I’m not crazy. However, I covet your prayers. It would be great if we could all be well for this happy occasion this weekend. Thanks!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you should think about not committing yourself to so much? Obviously you enjoy what you are doing but it seems that you are constantly under stress from everything you have committed yourself to.

9:14 AM  
Blogger nicole said...

Praying for y'all.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Kelly@http:/inthesheepfold.blogspot.com said...

Praying for you!

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home