/> Raising Angels: Happy New Year!

Monday, January 02, 2012

Happy New Year!

I haven't been posting much because I've been totally immersed in the Christmas season. That's one of the things that's so fun about being Catholic, we still have a little more of this wonderful season to celebrate.

It's been busy, good, fun, memorable, and of course there are lots of pictures to share but for now I'm going to keep it short.

Favorite food of the season: the homemade ravioli of course (yes, I have pictures and no, there are not leftovers)

Favorite moments: listening to Max belt out spontaneous Christmas carols, spending time with my brothers and family, playing with my kids, opening gifts with Nelson on our bed Christmas night and then snuggling together for a movie (I was awake for about 15 minutes of it)

Favorite thing done for me: My husband wrapped every single one of my presents, separately no less, AND put stuff in my stocking. It's only taken 13 years, but I think I finally have the guy trained. You know I love ya hon! And seriously, the gift wrapping and the stocking...better than the gifts.

Favorite gift: Having a healthy father to celebrate with us. God is good.

Oh, there are so many memories, so many gifts. Mostly I feel like the most blessed woman on the earth. I am grateful for everything God has done for me and realize full well that I've done nothing to deserve any of it. That's what makes it so very special. I am amazed by how well God loves me.

I hope in this New Year, you find time to count your blessings. My guess is that you'll get tired of counting before you run out of blessings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home