/> Raising Angels: I Love You for Who You Are, but Sometimes the Things You Say Sure Do Help

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I Love You for Who You Are, but Sometimes the Things You Say Sure Do Help

Mackenzie did a service project with her youth group after school today. When she got home I asked her how it went and what she did.

"Well, we were split into four groups and went to different houses to clean," she included in her summary.

"That's a nice service," I noted. "Whose house did you clean?"

She fired off the list which included the house of a woman who just had surgery, one who just lost her mother and two young mothers. Then I teasingly interjected, "Hey, how come you didn't come and clean our house?"

"Mom," she said as only a middle-schooler can, "what would we possibly do here? There is nothing to clean at all."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home