/> Raising Angels: Tonight's Gonna Be a Good Night

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tonight's Gonna Be a Good Night

Lately, I'm finding I have more things to write about than I have time for. I have pictures of my massive decorating changes and am working on a few more here and there. I had a pretty big birthday one week ago today that I want to share about. Shoot, I haven't even posted the photos of my dad (waiting on him to decide whether or not he wants those to go public) or Fourth of July.

What I'll leave you with tonight is a little entertainment of the Parris variety that my kids did for our annual Fourth of July Talent Show. They got up in front of several hundred people and gave it their all. What I want you to know is that after hours...and hours...and hours of rehearsing thinking they would have lapel mikes, they found out precisely ten minutes before show time that they didn't have those. Suddenly they were panicked. What about the dance moves? How will they hear us? I assured them they would do fine (even though I had the same doubts they did and was just as disappointed).

They pulled it together and got the job done. It was not what they rehearsed but unless you saw the practice, you would have never known. I'm so proud of them for going with the flow. I'm proud of their courage to get up in front of such a loud crowd. I'm proud of them for their enthusiasm on stage. Mostly though, I'm just proud of them for who they are and the fact that they belong to me.

The first 40 seconds or so is them trying to adjust the mikes for the kids so hang in there, fast forward to that point and enjoy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our grandchildren are sooooo talented. Damma & Papa

9:42 PM  
Blogger nicole said...

So fantastic! I know they will be talking about that when they all get together as adults with their own kids. :)

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home