/> Raising Angels: Max's First Trip to the Zoo

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Max's First Trip to the Zoo

Because of the extreme generosity of a great friend, we were able to go to the zoo today for free. It has been a year or two since I took the all the kids there. This was Max's very first time there. When we asked him what he thought he might see there, he really didn't know. The kids told him that he'd see lions and tigers. "And clowns?" Max asked. Considering his recent trip to the circus, this was not as far-fetched as it may sound.

Of course every time we went past a statue of an animal, they wanted their picture taken so I have lots of those. But when we got to the giraffes, I had to try one. They were the animals that took my breath away.

Now I'm wondering if it's slightly weird that while I was admiring their beauty that I was also thinking a nice giraffe skin rug would be interesting in my living room?


My kids are thrifty little things. When I wouldn't give them money to feed the animals, Aiden went to the ground under the feed machines and picked up enough food to feed them twice! That's my boy.


My mom, who went with us, forked out the money for them to ride the carousel. You got to love grandmas and my kids certainly do.


Let me just say, look at those baby blues.


What is it about going up and down in circles that's so totally fun for kids?

I, on the other hand, fought nausea while holding on to Max.


I had to include this photo because it is what I wished I was doing at that very moment and, I have to admit that I was a tad bit jealous of his ability to lay around with absolutely no apologies.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Killips said...

What a great shirt, Aiden!

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home