/> Raising Angels: Let's Try Again Tomorrow

Friday, March 26, 2010

Let's Try Again Tomorrow

Today I woke up a little excited about the beginning of Spring Break. I then went to school, averaged and entered quarter grades and taught class.

On my way out I stopped by the trucks being unloaded for the Senior Class Rummage Sale tomorrow and spotted two trunks that I thought might be just what I was looking for to make my living room homier. That led to multiple phone calls to various people and lots of bargaining with the class and my husband, who was not exactly sold on the idea.

I went home, threw together some pizza dough to rise, changed and took Max to a gym to meet with his new therapist. This involved an hour long session and an hour in transition there and home.

I got back just in time for Dawson to walk through the door from school. I put together the pizzas and made several therapy related calls about Max. Mackenzie and Aiden came in and needed snacks and a daily review of school events. While they were outside playing, I did a quick pick up of my bedroom and then popped the pizzas in.

At 4:15 I called the kids in to get them ready to go to my brother’s soccer game where Aiden and Dawson got to be ball boys. At 4:20 I woke Max up to get him ready at which point my phone rang, the timer on my oven started beeping, the front doorbell rang, and someone knocked at the back door.

I packed up the pizzas and the kids and headed back to the other side of town for Brian’s game. We pulled back in around 8:15 to find that Nelson was still not at home. So…I unpacked the car and the kids, grabbed them a quick snack, showered them, brushed their teeth and got them off to bed.

I’m almost finished cleaning the kitchen now and I’m hoping…really hoping that I will wake up tomorrow still excited that it’s Spring Break.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Kelly said...

What in the world did you find at the senior yard sale?

I popped in late Saturday, but found an ugly lamp that I spray painted. It looks great now!

I also found a new badmitten set. Hope the kids like it.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

I found 2 old trunks I'm hoping to convert to coffee tables. I'll post some pictures soon.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home