/> Raising Angels: Happy St. Patrick's Day

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day

When I moved to Augusta, in the ninth grade, I thought this town's St. Patrick's Day parade was the saddest excuse for a parade that I had ever seen. Think people dressed in green walking down the street throwing candy with one hand and drinking a beer with the other one. It hasn't changed much from that first time, but I've acquired a taste for it. My kids LOVE it...I mean, candy literally flying. Who wouldn't?


Today's parade offered more than just candy. The circus is in town and the kids all got clown noses too.


Of course, we ended the day with traditional fare. I've eaten this meal for most of my life on this day and it wasn't until today that I realized it is the color of the Ireland flag. Sometimes I'm a lot slow.


Little Max had a blast even though it was cold and rainy. When we got back home, he managed to put all of the parade beads around his neck.

If you've followed this blog for awhile, you'll recognize this cake, which has become our own little St. Patrick's tradition. It's Nelson, Mackenzie and my brother Brian's favorite cake and it works today because the inside is kind of iridescent green. I am, however, open to a new idea. Anyone else have a fun St. Patty's Day dessert they want to share?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home