/> Raising Angels: Happy Birthday Maximilian!

Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Maximilian!

I've had a lot of time to reflect on your short little life. This, in a large part, has to do with the fact that for most of it you've been fairly still. A baby that stays in one place offers a little more time for reflection than most.

You are the sweetest little boy. Your manners are impeccable. You were saying, "Peas," and "Dank choo" earlier than most kids your age can speak. In fact, I often tell people what you lack in gross motor development, you more than make up in your verbal skills.

You are still at the age where you give out hugs and kisses fairly freely. And even though it's been hard for both of us for me to leave you in the mornings to go to school, I have to admit that I love the excuse for one extra hug and kiss during the day.

Your progress this year has been nothing short of miraculous and I thank God every day for simple things like watching you walk and climb up into chairs. Today, as I watched you climb the ladder and go down the slide all by yourself, I was nearly moved to tears. Four months ago you couldn't do that and I was beginning to wonder if you ever would.

In spite of all of the effort it has taken you to move like other kids, your personality has not been affected. You are one of the easiest, happiest, and friendliest kids I know. It's not unusual for you to say hi to everyone we pass. When you hear the squeak of the door in the evenings you shout, "Daddy!" and run (okay, move a little faster...but we're working on it) into his arms.

You have been proof of God's perfect provision to us in so many ways, from your slide to your therapy to your shoes. I know how much I love you, but God loves you even more.


Maximilian I am so very glad God gave you to us. You are the perfect addition to our family. I think about this every time I hold you. I love you and I hope you'll always know that.

Happy Birthday buddy! I can't wait to see what the next year brings.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Kelly@ said...

Happy birthday! You are adorable, Max!

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home