/> Raising Angels: Just Wondering

Monday, February 15, 2010

Just Wondering

We had the day off today and I decided to take the kids to the movie. I have to admit that I was a little nervous about taking all 4 kids. The last time I tried this, it did not go so great. You know, one against four is not good odds.

But that was last summer, and everyone is a little older, and...time heals memories. I decided to try it again. I did however call for some backup and my mom and my cousin joined us.

We arrived early and found some good seats and sat through the commercials and previews with barely a sound from anyone. Max even opted to sit in his very own seat, which I had to keep my hand on to prevent him from being swallowed up by it.

The movie started and other than asking for the snacks to be passed, I didn't hear a peep from any of them. Max sat for a whole hour in his seat before moving on to my lap and then my mom's. It was a perfect movie experience.

On the way home as I was thinking about how wonderful it was to be entering into this new stage, I briefly wondered if having a 23 month old who can sit through an entire movie in the theater is something to be proud of or embarrassed by. I mean, is this bad to have a toddler so easily entranced by the big screen or is this normal?

3 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

I say you are lucky and should be happy. Does Max do that well in Mass too? Our 2 yo just barely made it through her first movie a couple of weeks ago, and she still doesn't do well at Mass, unfortunately.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Mom Nages said...

Officially it's a little of both. Completely normal for them to be entranced by the big screen. Sort of impressive that he was entranced for that long. Technically not recommended for little ones, but I don't think any of us have any concerns that you are parking your kids in front of the media regularly. Given what an awesome crew you have, I'd say congrats on having a good time and not worry about the rest!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Nicole, we are not so lucky in mass and he spends it in the nursery right now. His behavior is fine but the kid has no volume control :).

Mom N, thanks for the educated opinion and the compliment. Hope things are going well in your neck of the woods.

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home